Friday, November 28, 2008

Call Waiting

I called You up to hear your voice.
I wanted to listen to the things You had to say.
I needed to talk to You, 
to let You know what was going on in my life.
I was happy about getting You on the line.
As soon as I had established contact with You,
another call came through and I put You on hold.

When I got You back on the line,
You were there, waiting patiently
and wanting to share with me too-
but, as soon as we started to talk, 
there was a beep, 
and I put You on hold again.

This time, I couldn't break from the other call.
When I was done, I didn't expect you to still be there for me
But You were
waiting patiently.

I was feeling guilty about making you wait.
I was ready to vow that I wouldn't let anything get in the way of us
ever again.
But the next thing I knew, the line beeped once again.
I struggled, and debated, what should I do
but I couldn't let it pass,
I chose the other line
I put you on hold again.

Finally, I returned,
and You welcomed me back with words of comfort.
I apologized and You gave me Your forgiveness,
and with that, You told me...
You loved me
and that You would wait for me
forever.

OH my LORD,
What have I done?
How have I forsaken You and yet
 You hung on the line
and waited until
I was ready to listen to Your voice.

God is good, and He is faithful, and it seems some things never change, it is always a struggle to give God my full attention!

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Ooooo.... I like this. God is so patient and kind! I pray that He keeps changing me into His image. I have a long way to go.

Love you!