Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Darkest Hour


There have been many dark times in my life, and some I can say that I have flown through with a trusting heart, but today, not so much!

There was a special election in California for the budget, it was a last hope at a job for next year. It didn't pass. The stress today of knowing that my probably won't have a job for next year at the end of the year, but maybe I will by the beginning of the school year has changed to it seems impossible.

My heart knows that one of God's favorite word is "impossible" but I'm not doing such a good job right now believing it. This morning on the way to work Pastor Steve Mays was teaching and as I first started on my drive, it hit me that he was talking straight to me. I heard the words that reminded me that I can't let the hard times drive me away from God... but seriously I AM TIRED!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

God's Girl said...

Oh my goodness Karen....

I do believe that God wants to bring you closer to Him through this difficult time of the unknown (or seemingly impossible).

I will be praying for you my friend. Keep seeking Jesus! Keep turning to Him when you are tired and frustrated.

He will Never leave you!

Love you friend!
xoxo

Julie

OK is Osmel and Karen said...

Thanks Julie for the prayers. Both Osmel and I feel that God is calling us to a deeper place. We all know how much fun that is. I am just ready for a new kind of trial. :)

Susanz Place said...

Satan makes it hard but God makes it impossible. This is when He will move you to the new place He needs you to be in. I know this doesn't bring any kind of comfort - that's God's job between you and Him. I know you will get it. I'm praying girl.

OK is Osmel and Karen said...

thanks to you my friends for your prayers and your words of encouragement. it is sooo hard to look at this situation and counting it all joy... i have to say i am not walking this well!
love you both!