Monday, January 5, 2009

Questions for Exodus 2

So as I begin reading the story of the Exodus I start to ask myself questions- why did Moses have to be raised by Pharoah's daughter and not by his own family?  And how did it change him?  How long did Moses live with his real family before going to live with pharoah's daughter.  Who told Moses he was an Israelite?  What kind of relationship did he have with Egyptian family?  Was it ok that he married a Midianite?  How did God feel about that?  vs 23 says that when Pharoah died, the Israelites sighed and because of the bondage, they cried out to God.  Was it a sigh of despair?  or was it a sigh of relief?  Were they hopeful that a new pharoah would bring back better times?  Why does this cause them to cry out to God?  Had they cried out to God before?  What were they wanting?  Did they know the things that God had promised their father Abraham? 

2 comments:

betty said...

all good questions!! not that I'm an expert because I'm not, but I think by Moses being raised by Pharoah's daughter, he perhaps got access to schooling he might not have had access to and perhaps those skills were needed when he later wrote the first books of the Bible. And I'm thinking, again no expert here, that he probably stayed with his family of birth until he was weaned so not sure how long they nursed in that culture. But I too have wondered how he came to know he was an Israelite.

betty

God's Girl said...

hmmmmm.... are you going to answer all those questions for you?

I love you friend!
Have a wonderful day!