Friday, December 19, 2008

Thanks for 2008


Dear Jesus,
It is the end of another year (who can believe that it has been 45 that I have spent on this earth). I am so thankful for all that You have done in our lives. The last several years have been so hard in so many ways. You have provided a plethora of trials and You have walked through them with us. It was such a huge blessing to walk through a year that was so much... (dare I say) easier .
Thanks Lord that I went through the end of one school year and into the next year knowing ahead of time that I would have a job. Thanks for the summer, enjoying to travel with my mom and to visit AZ... that was only possible because of the blessing of having a job. Thanks too Lord that I was able to teach the same grade two years in a row- and even got to stay in the same classroom.
In the 10 years of teaching, I have learned so many things about myself and You have been faithful to teach me how to love my students more- better- and how to be a better teacher. I am thankful that everyday I get to come to work and love what I do. I am thankful that You entrust me with these little lives and I try hard not to take that for granted. I am thankful too that you have provided opportunities here at work to share what things You have taught me with my co-workers. Lord, I am blessed beyond abudance through my job.
2008 also provided Osmel an opportunity to visit his family. He returned to Cuba in February for the first time since he left Cuba back in 2004. He was blessed to be with his family again. It was clear that it was a gift from You Lord for you brought all the details together. It is an extra blesing that Osmel is going to return to Cuba for the New Year. That is the big holiday in Cuba and he is quite excited to be spending the time together with his family. We will miss being together, but I know that his family will be blessed to spend that special holiday with him.
Lord, I am thankful that you have allowed me to spend another year with those that I love. This year I have learned so much about how You sustain us through loss. With the loss of two sweet friends (Donna and Peggy) I have a deeper appreciation and gratitude for every day that I am blessed to be with those that I love. Even recently, with the tragic and sudden death of Wendy's daughter, and the loss of Michon's baby, I have been struck with a deep (and hidden) emotion that I don't really understand. I know that in time, You are going to reveal to me what it is that You want me to learn and I (cough, cough) look forward to Your sweet hand revealing to me all that You have for me to understand and learn.
Though 2008 has brought many blessings and much relief to this weary traveler, it has brought some things to the surface that I haven't really enjoyed looking at, dealing with, or thinking about. In some ways, it has been a year of denial- but I feel, I know and I sense that Your patient and loving hand is working all things together for my good- That is, the kind of good a dad tells you as he applies the right hand of correct to the seat of learning- "This is for your own good!" Ouch!
I am thankful for the many blessings that this year has brought. I confess that I fear what 2009 has to offer. The bleakness of the budget issues in CA and the likelihood of education cuts fill me with trepidation and I am trying to keep perspective and focus on Your faithfulness.
Lord my biggest prayer is that You would do a work of salvation in the lives of my unsaved family and that they would be the ones that You have been waiting for- and then... RAPTURE!!!!
Come quickly Lord Jesus.
With all my love
Your daughter.

2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Wow! You are on top of it! You did your letter early! You go girl. It blessed me to read about your year! Thanks for sharing.

I love you friend!

betty said...

this was beautiful; what a great thing to do too at the end of a year!! I'm in Southern California too! (Temecula area)

Have a joyous new year in the Lord!

betty