Friday, December 5, 2008

Kindness Counts




I was thinking today about my students, which led me into prayer...


One of the things that I have always had, is a good repoire with my students. I love them, they love me, and that is important to me. This year, I don't feel like I have the same connection I have had to other classes. My prayer, "Lord, help me to love these guys, and help them to know that I do. And Lord, I need wisdom to know how to do, and what to do for them."


So I started thinking about what I need from the Lord... Mercy and Grace. I actually had been talking to my students about Mercy and Grace recently because we were adding the suffix -ful to words and when I came up with merciful they wanted to know what that meant. (Anyway, rabbit trail)


So, make a long story short- I realized that God was speaking to me about my students. "Karen, how do people know that I love them?"- Grace and Mercy. I started to sing that song, "It's Your kindness that leads me to repentance O Lord. Knowing that You love me, no matter what I do, makes me want to love you too..." I need to start showing grace and mercy to my students. That's the goal. Loving my students more, pouring out Grace and Mercy, MORE, showing them that no matter what they do, I will love them.


No comments: