Sunday, July 3, 2011

From Today's Reading

Psalm 94:18 I said, "My foot is slipping." But Lord, your love kept me from falling.
19 I was very worried. But your comfort brought joy to my heart.

Psalm 119:38 Keep your promise to me. Then other people will have respect for you.

(I like that promise- not so much the next thought-- who likes to suffer?...)

Psalm 119:65 Lord, be good to me as you have promised.
66 Increase my knowledge and give me good sense, because I believe in your commands.
67 Before I went through suffering, I went down the wrong path. But now I obey your word.
68 You are good, and what you do is good. Teach me your orders.
69 Proud people have spread lies about me and have taken away my good name. But I follow your rules with all my heart.
70 Their hearts are hard and stubborn. They don't feel anything. But I take delight in your law.
71 It was good for me to suffer. That's what helped me to understand your orders.
72 The law you gave is worth more to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

No comments: