Saturday, May 7, 2011

Psalm 81

10 I am the LORD your God. I brought you up out of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.
11 "But my people wouldn't listen to me. Israel wouldn't obey me.
12 So I let them go their own stubborn way. I let them follow their own sinful plans.
13 "I wish my people would listen to me! I wish Israel would live as I want them to live!
14 Then I would quickly bring their enemies under control. I would use my power against their attackers.
15 Those who hate me would bow down to me in fear. They would be punished forever.
16 But you would be fed with the finest wheat. I would satisfy you with the sweetest honey.

I wonder what blessings I have missed out on when I don't live in obedience!
Lord, help me to hear and obey!

1 comment:

Susanz Place said...

i hear you loud and clear friend....even partial obediance is partial disobediance....look at Saul.
thanks for the lunch chat yesterday
xoxox