Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Psalm 142... the new international reader's version

Psalm 142

A prayer of David when he was in the cave. A "maskil".

1 I call out to the Lord. I pray to him for his favor.
2 I pour out my problem to him. I tell him about my trouble.
3 When I grow weak, you know what I'm going through. In the path where I walk, people have hidden a trap to catch me.
4 Look around me, and you will see that no one is concerned about me. I have no place of safety. No one cares whether I live or die.
5 Lord, I cry out to you. I say, "You are my place of safety. You are everything I need in this life."
6 Listen to my cry. I am in great need. Save me from those who are chasing me. They are too strong for me.
7 My troubles are like a prison. Set me free so I can praise your name. Then those who do what is right will gather around me because you have been good to me.

No comments: