Thursday, April 23, 2009

Progress

Today is a good day, I am on a losing trend. I tend to lose weight in chunks, a pound a day for several days in a row and then I stop losing (I don't know how to spell pla-toe) for a week or more. The days I don't lose can get frustrating because I will go sometimes as much as 3 weeks without dropping a pound, but then I will lose 5 lbs. in one week. So today, I lost another pound, that makes 39 all together. Since I started making these changes in my lifestyle, working out (started Jan. 12) and counting calories (started Jan 23) I have lost 39 lbs. :)
I bought some new pants a few weeks back that were two sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. I bought them because they were 7.99 and they didn't have my size. When I brought them home, they didn't fit... thise week, I wore them to work. Today I am wearing a blouse that I bought several years ago- probably about 5 years ago- it fits great, not too tight. It's been a good week.
My husband started working out with me this week, and I am not sure how I feel about that. Although we don't really work out "together," I kind of miss that time at the gym as "MY" time. But it is nice to have someone say, "Let's go to the gym," instead of saying, "Let's go eat!"
It is good to feel better about myself and not worse.
My brain thinks I am skinnier than I am, so when I see myself in the mirror I am reminded how far I still have to go- that little shot of reallity is good- I feel better, but I see I can't quit!

No comments: